In continuing to examine tools that exercise students’ creativity in STEM, another great online tool that comes to mind is PowToon.
PowToon is an online service that allows students to create animated videos complete with voice overs. With an environment similar to PowerPoint, students can:
- construct slides or animated movies (up to 30 minutes long)
- add graphics from the 8 included libraries (more available with the pay account)
- add music or a voice track
- search and insert images from the internet from within the application
- upload your own images
- export products to YouTube or your desktop or embed it in your site
Using a tool like this helps students stay engaged, enhance their creativity and pull together a vision for the project at hand.