What if STEM stood for something different? As you know, the actual acronym stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, but aside from content, the concept encompasses many more
essential skills like: problem solving, critical thinking, team-building, self-esteem, self-motivation and more.
At a recent symposium in the Seattle area, business leaders were surveyed regarding the skills, attitudes, attributes, and aspirations that they feel are the most important to the success of students in the future. Among the results?
- Critical thinking, learning, and analytical problem solving
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Self-direction and self-awareness
- Technical skills and computer literacy
- Fundamentals of education including math, science, and English
- Cultural competence and global awareness
- Emotional intelligence
This STEM Skills Challenges Bundle Pack harnesses the power of STEM challenges and focuses on these essential success skills that our students need to be effective in the STEM workforce.
With these skills, students will no doubt land themselves at the top of the list when going out into the workforce! This Bundle Pack includes 10 design challenges that focus on teamwork as well as other elements like design briefs and interactive STEM notebook pages.