In this series we have learned how to plan and develop an effective STEM unit. Planning a unit like this is very time-consuming if done right, but the outcomes and student progress will be well worth the effort!
Here are the basic steps in the process:
- Develop a Plan for your STEM unit
- Craft Different Types of Assessments for before, during and after your project
- Create a Rubric (at least one!) for assessing students throughout the project and at the conclusion of it
- Use the Engineering Design Process to plan the remaining lessons that fit with your curriculum objectives
- Communicate Results through written reports as well as oral presentations
- Redesign and Debrief to assess student understanding and any misconceptions
Each step contains a basic explanation…and resources to help you plan an effective STEM unit!