Grade Levels: K-8
Total Pages: 12 pages
Challenge Duration: approximately 60-90 minutes depending on student age and ability
File Type: PDF Document File (Verify that you have an application that will open PDF files before downloading and/or purchasing.)
Product Description: In this challenge designed for grades K-8, students work in teams to design an appropriate habitat for Inky the octopus. This challenge is the featured in the “How To Develop Student-Centered Design Challenges” and is aligned to the NGSS Science and Engineering Design Performance Expectations.
Included in this Product:
- Engineering Challenge Design Brief
- Alignment to NGSS Engineering Design Standards
- Challenge Criteria/Constraints
- Procedure/ Set-Up Tips
- Debrief Questions
- Inky the Octopus Template
- Interactive STEM Notebook Pages (4)
- Supplemental Articles and Videos
Lane specializes in STEM curriculum design and professional development for K-12 stakeholders and enjoys making teachers’ lives easier through innovative, standards-based STEM lessons.